Of all the things my clients and students seem to find the most fascinating is that of learning to see, hear and read energy. Most people know that we are energetic bodies with more space than solidity. Ancient Wisdom knew it and now quantum physics has proven it.
But to be able to see that energy or even feel it is something a lot of people want to do but don’t quite know how.
The first and most important aspect of energetic reading is to realize that we project our own assumptions, thoughts, emotions, feelings and judgements on others all the time. The same goes with the energy readings. In my workshops, students are not allowed to “decide” what a color or shape might mean. We’re only allowed to notice what is taking place with the energy.
In seeing and reading auras my entire life, it’s clear to me that there is no one way for everyone.
Take colors: we often think that if we see a red aura it means the person is angry. Not true. Sometimes yes but not always. Red color can indicate agitation, love, anger, eagerness, physical distress, anticipation….pretty much anything. To presume that you know what another is feeling or thinking while reading an aura is a dangerous game to play. And if you project your assumptions onto someone else, you’ll miss what’s really going on as well as run the risk of installing something within their mind.
The most common way to read an aura/energetic body is to notice the shape and what it’s doing. In N.L.P. we use the term calibration when paying attention to the minute differences in a person’s expression, voice tonality and even muscle tone. Paying attention and calibrating a person’s energetic body is one of the best ways to know something is going on with them. Again, we don’t assume to know what that is.
The best way to learn the differences in a person’s aura/energetic body is to pay attention to it over a period of time. You can make note of certain aspects of the aura while also asking them what they are experiencing.
- I’ve noticed with my daughter (who has Lupus) that when her aura gets all “spikey” she’s about to have a migraine headache. Or if it looks like someone threw buckets of different colors on her all at once, that her body is starting to have needle like pain.
- I watched her over a period of time and began asking her what was happening before accepting that those particular expressions meant specific things.
- One of the grossest things I’ve seen energetically is the dark slimy looking energy snaking across the floor from men who are on the make. Most women, even if they don’t see that energy know exactly what it feels like!
- I once watched a woman’s aura get a brittle like texture and found out later she was blatantly lying.
Our auras do all kinds of things from changing colors and shapes to expanding and contracting. And we have seven “layers” of auras which can make things really interesting.
Having said all the warnings, there does seem to be some common expressions of the aura in people. Again, you need to pay attention and ask questions.
An aura that:
- Looks flat and flowing downward can indicate sadness or depression.
- Flares shooting out can show that the person is very agitated or mad.
- “Hot or dark spots” can indicate disease or problems in those areas of the body.
- Turns green when near another person often means they’re healers (even if they aren’t aware of it).
- Babies often have soft flowing auras reaching out to the world.
So how do you go about seeing auras?
I firmly believe that we all see auras when we’re children. But the adults in our world talk us out of seeing them by telling us to stop making things up or that we’re being silly. Unfortunately, that tends to set us up for a belief that we can’t see them. And we carry that belief over into adulthood. To start seeing auras, if you have this belief, might be challenging but certainly doable.
Here’s an Exercise we use in our workshop:
Seeing the energy off the tips of your fingertips is pretty easy. We concentrate a lot of energy on these points.
- You want to start in a room which isn’t too bright with light and a doorway facing a dark hall. Stand in the doorway with your back toward the room so that you’re facing the hall.
- Take your hands and place them about 8 – 10 inches away from your face (so that you’re looking right at them.)
- Strongly press the tips of each pointer finger together and while looking directly at your fingertips, move your hands slowly away from each other (about 6 inches apart).
- You should see a whitish band between your fingertips. It almost looks like rubber bands.
- Move your fingertips back to the original position touching and slowly move them apart again until you see the whitish, almost fog like energy between them.
If at first you don’t see the energy try other places. Facing a dark wall works for some and for others a lighter wall. Remember to really press the tips of the fingers together and to slowly pull them apart…it should feel like pulling taffy apart. Take your time.
It can take several tries, although most get it in the first go round…..just keep it up.
Energy is all around us. Once you start seeing it, you’ll catch glimpses of it with animals, plants and most often with trees (the tops of trees are easiest). It takes practice but you can do it.
If you’d like to really learn more about the energetic body, seeing and manipulating energy and using it for your own healing, go to http://www.spiritsmuse.com/ancientwisdom.html and join us for our Sedona workshop in February 2017.